Non-emergency Patient Transport Services
Ambulance Care Assistant - King's College Hospital
King's College Hospital, Camberwell, London
- Reports To
Site Operations Manager
Full Time Shift Patterns
£9.56 per hour
About the job
Ambulance Care Assistant
Care for patients – Support the NHS
- £9.56 an hour - Full-time, Permanent
- Earn up to an extra £1000 per year - for consistent high performance in driving standards.
- Comprehensive Training and Induction Programme
- QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF)
- Assigned mentors – to help you settle in.
- Up to 28 days annual leave - including Bank Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- We pay in an extra 3% - into your pension scheme
- Cycle to work – we’ll help with the cost of a bike
- Blue light discount service – providing members with thousands of amazing discounts online and on the high street.
- Savings schemes – lower prices on things you buy often
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme
Do want to help patients, get safely to their next appointment at hospital. And get them home again?
At the end of every day, do you want to know that you’ve helped dozens of people, get their treatment?
Do you want a secure, permanent and rewarding job serving the NHS and your community?
Do you want variety, every day and go home feeling happy to have helped people in your community?
Then take the next step and help make a difference. Join us at Falck UK Ambulance, in serving your community at Camberwell.
You don’t need previous qualifications – we’ll train you, and help you, to help the patients in Camberwell. We just need you to make them feel comfortable and cared for and be physically fit enough to help lift and support some patents. This also means making sure your Ambulance and the equipment it carries is safe and sound – for you and them, every day.
Our patients are not moved in an emergency. They are those from our community who need help getting to their appointments.
Sometimes they need to go to hospital often, so you will be one of the friendly faces they see more often than anybody else. This is where your caring, compassionate empathetic and reassuring manner will make all the difference.
To apply for this role you’ll have:
- A Full UK manual driving license held for at least 3 years.
- No more than 6 points/ endorsements on your driving license
- A caring, flexible personality
- Willingness to learn
- Strong work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile to deliver good patient care.
Once you apply, expect a call from our friendly recruitment team. We’ll discuss your interest in the role, your approach to caring, driving and being flexible and then book you onto a Recruitment Day.
The Day takes up to 4 hours where you will complete a lifting assessment, driving assessment and an interview. Within 24 hours, we’ll let you know whether you’ve been hired and will joining the Falck Ambulance family!
Come and care for our patients, your community and our NHS with Falck UK Ambulance.