- Reports To
Control and Dispatch Team Leader
45 hrs per week, 5 week shift rotation with various start/finish times (day’s only)
£23,000 - £25,000 pa pro rata depending on experience
About the job
6 Month, Fixed Term or Secondment Opportunity with the possibility of extension
Immediate Start required
Falck is a global leader in the provision of Patient Transport Services. Operating nationwide we have a fleet of high quality and fully fitted ambulances and patient transport vehicles operating across England and Wales. We undertake over 3000 patient journeys per day, providing a transport service locally and nationally to patients requiring emergency support, and those travelling to hospital appointments, care homes or any other places of care.
About the Role
We are looking for a Dispatcher/Controller for our busy operation at Milton Keynes. Controllers dispatch ACA’s/ICT and vehicles to cover the collection and transport of patients to and from appointments covering Outpatients, Renal Dialysis, home visits, admissions & discharges.
You will work quickly and calmly, taking essential details about the patient's condition and location, logging the information onto a computer system. The information is then passed to a dispatcher who makes decisions about how best to handle the situation. As well as:
• Excellent customer service & communication skills
• Confident with computer systems
• Experience in multitasking during high pressured situations
• Desirable experience in care sector
• Strong geo-graphical understanding & route planning skills
• Desirable experience in logistics/control room
• Make important decisions quickly & independently
A planning/ logistics background would be preferable
Duties and responsibilities include and are not limited to:
• Ensure transfers are being dispatched, in accordance to the agreed service agreements
• Ensure local processes are followed and the dispatch system is operated to its full potential to maximise the most efficient use of resources.
• Constantly monitor the dispatch system and crews, to ensure no delays or problems are occurring and convert complex situations into solutions that supports an automatic way of working.
• Acting with a proactive mindset, dealing with challenges before they arise
• Handling exceptions and managing unplanned situations.
• Communicate daily with operational teams and hospital staff to ensure everyone is continuously aligned
• Work with Operation Managers and site managers to influence behaviours of internal staff and hospitals to manage new processes, ways of working, demand surges, bottlenecks and service delivery
If this sounds like you, then apply now and become someone who makes a difference to people’s lives … starting with yours!