- Reports To
Control and Dispatch Manager
Monday – Friday 09.00 – 17.00
£30,000 - £35,000
About the job
Falck is a global leader in the provision of Patient Transport Services. Operating nationwide we have a fleet of high quality and fully fitted ambulances and patient transport vehicles operating across England and Wales. We undertake over 3000 patient journeys per day, providing a transport service locally and nationally to patients requiring emergency support, and those travelling to hospital appointments, care homes or any other places of care.
About the Role
We are looking for two Control and Dispatch Team Leaders for our busy operation at Milton Keynes. Controllers dispatch ACA’s/ICT and vehicles to cover the collection and transport of patients to and from appointments covering Outpatients, Renal Dialysis, home visits, admissions & discharges.
You will work quickly and calmly, taking essential details about the patient's condition and location, logging the information onto a computer system. The information is then passed to a dispatcher who makes decisions about how best to handle the situation. As well as:
• Excellent customer service & communication skills
• Confident with computer systems
• Experience in multitasking during high pressured situations
• Desirable experience in care sector
• Strong geo-graphical understanding & route planning skills
• Desirable experience in logistics/control room
• Make important decisions quickly & independently
Duties and responsibilities include and are not limited to:
• Support the Control and Dispatch Manager in the day to day performance of the dispatch system and control centre.
• Ensure sufficient staffing levels are in place to meet business needs, assisting with recruitment and selection to achieve this
• Ensure all controllers are trained and developed to fulfil all responsibilities and expectations, providing training and development opportunities where required
• Ensure a patient centred and focused team that maintains the priority of managing patient care and safety
• Ensure the behaviours of the team are in line with organisational values and expectations
• Ensure transfers are being dispatched, in accordance to the agreed service agreements
• Ensure all staff understand and adhere to the global/local standards and processes
• Ensure Controllers apply processes and utilise the dispatch system to maximise the most efficient use of resources, in order to exploit commercial performance and achieve the very highest quality
• Undertake regular checks on the performance of teams to ensure key metrics are met and maintained and Controllers performance is actively managed
If this sounds like you, then apply now and become someone who makes a difference to people’s lives … starting with yours!
This vacancy may close early if the recruiting manager deems sufficient applications have been received. Therefore it is advised to complete your application as early as possible.