Flexible – to be discussed at interview, but important you can support an operation located in various locations across England
About the job
Falck is an international company whose objectives are to work to prevent accidents, disease, and emergency situations, to rescue and assist people in emergencies quickly. In the UK Falck has three business units; Ambulance, Fire Consulting and Fire Services. In 2015, Falck became a majority shareholder of Medical Services Limited (an Ambulance business) headquartered in London. Falck now owns 100% and is in the process of fully rebranding the business. Falck Fire Services UK’s Industrial Emergency Response team delivers a range of world-class services to customers in a variety of industrial manufacturing sectors. Operating from a base at the Wilton International site on Teesside, Falck Fire Services UK is widely recognised as the most competent privately owned industrial emergency response team in the UK.
The HR Director will contribute to the overall business strategy and leadership of our two large UK businesses Ambulance and Fire Services, act as a key HR advisor and on a daily basis work close together with the Managing Directors of the two UK businesses, and working closely with the Head of HR Business Partnering located in Copenhagen for alignment and overall corporate strategic direction. The combined businesses will have approximately 1200 employees in 2019 with the potential for significant growth over the next few years. The majority of the Ambulance business and HR support is based in London whilst the Fire business HR resource is based in Teesside. Some travel will be necessary, reflecting the geographical spread of the business.
The HR Director position is an exciting opportunity in a dynamic organisation where you will have the opportunity to lead and develop the HR function through transformation and change, developing the shared service model to support the needs of all UK businesses and driving efficiencies around utilisation, productivity and standardisation of localised HR operations. The HR Director will support both business areas Ambulance and Fire Services and have a broad overview of HR in the UK. In addition, the HR Director will be responsible for enabling synergies within Falck to become a more digitised and standardised HR function in our UK Business Units in ongoing collaboration with Global HR.
This role requires a strong understanding of the HR fundamentals and experience in implementing, executing and delivering HR projects within an international matrix organization as well as a strong business acumen. As the new HR Director, it is required to have a toolbox that consists of various practices and activities that will provide employee engagement, a high-performance culture that strengthens empowerment, quality, productivity, and goal achievement.
- Strengthen the HR role in both UK Fire Services and Ambulances through proactive initiatives
- The smooth operation of the human resources department with agreed cost budget
- Adopt and adapt existing Global HR practices and policies, developing local approaches to manage an effective local HR function
- Provide professional HR support and guidance to managers while ensuring compliance with relevant global and country HR policies in particular supervise and provide consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training and development, budget, and labour relations.
- Conduct HR initiatives and activities to meet the overall business goals across the UK market
- Lead the local organizational development and business transformation by partnering with Senior Leaders and take the leadership role in developing a culture that enables employees to perform in accordance to Falck’s values and local objectives.
- Build a strong employee value proposition (EVP) embedded in the overall global EVP
- Ensure delivery of HR initiatives and processes in collaboration with Global HR
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of senior management positions as well as setting up strong recruitment processes for frontline employees
- Focus on Talent Management activities
- Performance management and improvement systems
- Improve employee engagement and labour relations
- Ensure correct and timely pay
- Work with the Managing Directors to consolidate payroll; recruitment and training functions under your responsibility in the shared service centre.
- Manage the shared service centre staff, delivering high productivity and utilisation rates, improving performance and driving operating efficiencies
- Set Service Level Agreements for each area of responsibility
- Combine financial products across the UK: PMI, Death in Service, Pensions and other benefits to attract savings through economies of scale
- Reduce cost to serve HR, Payroll & Training services
- Review ERP systems and align for the shared service model
- Streamline and simplify services
- Develop a 3-5 year vision and strategies to deliver
- 10 years’ experience from working in a similar role and in a global matrix organization
- Experience supporting businesses from an HR perspective
- Good knowledge and understanding of operational HR and of all HR processes
- Experience working in an SSC environment, including transformation of businesses to a shared service model
Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management or Business
- Very strong business acumen and highly commercial focus
- Strong IT skills including Excel
- Stakeholder management
- Experience working at a senior level as part of a leadership team
- Change management experience
- Ability to work with others - across borders and culture, gain co-operation and build relationships
- Strong coaching and influencing skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a changing environment
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written
- Experience of working in a unionised environment
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT: Mirela Menzies, Head of Recruitment – Global HR at Mirela.firstname.lastname@example.org
We save and improve lives.
This promise has made Falck a global leader in ambulance services and a Nordic leader in employee healthcare and roadside assistance.
For more than 100 years, it has been our mission to prevent accidents, disease, and emergency situations, to rescue and assist people in emergencies quickly and competently and to rehabilitate people after illness and injury.
We value people who are accessible, competent, efficient, fast, helpful, and reliable. And we reward people who - in addition – are high-performers and contribute to Falck’s turn-around.