London based with national travel
- Reports To
Deputy Director of Emergency & Urgent Care
Monday – Friday 09.00 – 17.00 (Flexibility of working hours/days will be considered)
£52,000 + ( £4000 car allowance)
About the job
At Falck we pride ourselves in being the global leaders in Emergency Ambulance Services and Patient Transport Services. Operating nationwide we have a fleet of high quality and fully fitted ambulances and patient transport vehicles operating across England and Wales. We undertake over 3000 patient journeys per day, providing a transport service locally and nationally to patients requiring emergency support, and those travelling to hospital appointments, care homes or any other places of care.
Following the growth of our NHS Ambulance Trust portfolio, it is an exciting time for Falck. An opportunity has arisen for a Head of Clinical Operations to join the Emergency and Urgent Care Services (EMS) Department primarily working across contracts in the South of England.
About the Role
The main purpose of your role is to provide senior management clinical support across the EMS business focussing on service delivery and clinical excellence.
Working closely with the Deputy Director of Emergency & Urgent Care the role will take responsibility for the delivery of Falck Operational Excellence Framework within the EMS department. You will be accountable for simultaneously providing both clinical and operational advice and guidance to organisational wide incumbents including CTL, local operational managers and frontline team members.
This is an existing role with a well-developed portfolio of responsibilities and therefore being able to step into the role with the aim of service delivering is key.
The successful candidate will be supported in gaining real experience and being a true ambassador for healthcare and/or emergency transport serves. You will be able to work at pace and not put off by new experiences and networks.
· Senior Clinician with a minimum of 5 years post registration experience
· Registered UK HCPC Paramedic
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· Successful track record and relevant experience as a Senior Manager within a Healthcare organisation managing clinical services
· Able to lead change from the front with knowledge of change management programmes
· Experience of preparing and presenting reports on complex issues.
· Competently uses management information systems to ensure an integrated information approach and monitor deliverables.
· Multifaceted in communication skills both written and oral with an aptitude to demonstrate work effectively and constructively under pressure to meet deadlines as well as strong administration skills with the ability to manage large scale projects.
HOW TO APPLY: If you meet the required criteria please apply now to avoid disappointment.