Monday – Friday 08.00 – 18.00 (45 hours per week)
About the job
Are you an experienced professional ideally with a healthcare background and looking for a new role? Are you practical, good at solving problems, able to use your own initiative, with good people skills and high standards for the health and safety patients?
Then we need YOU!
We seek to appoint an exceptional person as our Patient Transport Liaison Officer to join our team Onsite Team at our Trusts in Kingston. You will report to and support the Regional Contracts Manager and be accountable for the delivery of Falcks core operational duties and therefore ensure operational performance of the site is in line with company policies, procedures and measured against KPI performance.
Part and parcel of your role will be to sustain and improve on site employee relations adhering to Falck core values in order to achieve employee development and satisfaction. On a day-to-day basis your duties will include and are not limited to nurturing and developing customer service levels, ensuring that all incidents are accurately reported, supporting internal/external operational teams in the timely discharge of inpatients, returning outpatients to ensure the transport system runs efficiently and where necessary investigating compliance with HSEQ guidelines
Assuming partial responsibility of Call Handlers, Patient Escorts and Ambulance Care Assistants you will ensure they fulfil their duties and responsibilities to allow for a caring environment for non-emergency patients and to provide a transport service as appropriate for the needs of the patient. Your liaison with key contacts does not stop there. Your excellent interpersonal and communication skills will be required to foster positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels; from Dispatch and Planning teams to Hospital Trust Staff and Commissioners.
This is a very busy and dynamic role dealing requiring you to manage our successful team based in Kingston. You will also have a genuine passion for delivering great patient centred care and be driven to promote the Falck brand.
To be successful in this role, you will have a can-do attitude, reliable, hardworking, patient, well organised, self motivated, take pride in their work, and has a sense of humour. As well as:
· GCSE level or equivalent in Maths and English and basic ICT skills
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· Minimum 2 years’ management experience (ideally within a healthcare environment)
· A working knowledge of hospital transport/NHS procedures a distinct advantage
· Leadership and ownership of the role ensuring that site based, and Transport team understand and undertake their roles and responsibilities in line with the company’s policies and procedures
· Proven record in delivering business solutions
· Effectiveness with maintaining systems containing high volumes of data, documents and records.
· Ability to multi-task with numerous deadlines or tasks without compromise
· Multifaceted in communication skills both written and oral and problem solving with an aptitude to demonstrate initiative and think outside the box
All of our employees are well trained, highly professional and dedicated to ensuring flawless and reliable service delivery. So whether you are just entering the field or looking for a new challenge, we have some exceptional opportunities to build your career within our growing organisation. If this sounds like the role for you, then apply now and become someone who makes a difference to people’s lives….starting with your own!