King's College Hospital, Camberwell, London, SE5 9RS
- Reports To
Site Operations Manager
Rotation of Week 1 & Week 2 between hours of 08:00am – 20:00pm Monday – Friday – 45 hours per week
£9.53 per hour
About the job
Falck Ambulance Services is the world’s largest private ambulance provider, operating in over 21 countries. As a ‘people helping people’ business, we understand you need the right team to continue delivering our high standards of care to our patients.
We are looking for individuals who have a caring personality, a positive attitude and are passionate about working within their community to join as a Patient Liaison Officer at our site at ‘Kings College Hospital’ (Camberwell – SE5 9RS).
The working hours for this role are Monday to Friday, 45 hours per week working between the hours of 8am - 8pm. This role works on a 2-week rotational shift.
This role works closely with our Ambulance Care Assistants and the hospital teams to ensure that we are delivering the best level of care for our patients. This role requires quick decisions to be made in a fast-paced environment, and so would suit someone who can remain calm under pressure both in person and over the phone.
So, if you fancy working as part of the team that works within the NHS and make a genuine difference every time you go to work, then we are looking for you!
What will I be doing?
- Building relationships with patients, Dispatch team and hospital staff
- Supporting waiting patients and escalate issues as required
- Answering patient queries and resolving complaints
- Managing patient appointments and transportation
- Completing incident reports as needed
- Daily admin such as emails, phone calls, etc
- Using your initiative to resolve any delays
- Following NHS policies and procedures as required
What experience will I need?
- Experience within a patient, public or customer facing role
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to spot mistakes
- Computer literate
- A positive mindset and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to communicate with confidence with a variety of people
- A warm, caring and welcoming personality to patients
- Strong work ethic and the willingness to go the extra mile to deliver patient care
What benefits will I get?
- £9.53 per hour or £22,303 per annum (full time, perm – 45 hours per week)
- A comprehensive Training & Induction Programme
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Flexible working hours
- Pension scheme – we contribute up to 3%
- Saving Schemes – lower prices and amazing discounts on the things you buy often
- Free 24-hour Personal Support Service, to help with all aspects of life
- Free uniform and PPE for all colleagues
Interested? Apply now! It only takes a few minutes
If you have not been vaccinated, please note due to the nature of the role and because we want to keep our patients safe, it is essential that you have had the Covid-19 vaccination if not done so already.
It takes a diverse team of committed individuals to achieve quality results. That’s why at Falck UK Ambulance Services we are proud of our diversity and welcome you for who you are and who you want to become. We are committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of our business.