Care Quality Commission (CQC) Inspection Reports
Two further CQC inspections have concluded in the business with reports available to view in full on the CQC website https://www.cqc.org.uk/provider/1-153024395.
Again we are proud and extremely pleased to report that the CQC highlighted and commended us on several areas of good practice including:
- providing the best quality care to patients
- appropriate safeguarding referrals for vulnerable people
- learning from incidents and complaints in culture of candour
- effective governance arrangements
- compliance with national treatment guidance
- comprehensive training programmes
- appraisals that reflect Falck values
- vehicle and station maintenance and cleanliness
- comprehensive pre-employment checks
- maintaining employees skills
- Collaborative working with patients, colleagues and staff in partner organisations.
As always there are areas where we need to continue to work to improve further, including robust risk assessment and handover information prior to the transfer of patients by our high dependency service and some aspects of managing controlled drugs.
“We continue to work hard in every aspect of the business to maintain high standards of patient care in all locations and services and these reports reflect the hard work and commitment every person working at Falck has towards achieving this aim. We welcome the feedback provided by the CQC and are already addressing the areas requiring further improvement.
We have recently introduced our own internal CQC audit programme so we are proactively identifying and addressing areas of improvement to ensure continued high performance and patient care.”
Kate Lawson Director of Operations and Quality